Thursday, February 10, 2011

Venezia

Venice!

I had the most beautiful train ride ever from Munich to Venice, where we went through the Alps!!



Beautiful and amazing and trip highlight!

I got to Venice around 6ish and took a water ferry to my hostel! A water ferry! My hostel was down some dark alley but it was actually really great! It was small and cosy and Marco, the owner, made you eggs in the morning!



Anyway, Venice! Lots of canals and masks and gondalas. Very nice and truly no other city in the world which you could even compare it to. Except maybe The Venetian in Vegas.

At the hostel, I made friends with a girl called Courtney who was from Perth and turned out she met Lynne and Jenny Dowdeswell in London! Small world. Small Europe.

I was in Italy two and a half weeks but the best meal I had was here in Venice and home made. Firstly, Courtney and I found this wine.



Two euros a litro! We were surprised when the man asked if we wanted to taste it before we bought it, but we did and it was really good wine! We then found a deli where we purchased freshly made pesto and sundried tomatoes! Carrots, salami, cheese, olives and crackers later, we had the best dinner I had the pleasure of experiencing in Italy. All it needed to make it complete, were Erin, Ashlee and Kathy! And maybe wine glasses, but I’m not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment