Friday, February 11, 2011

Pompeii


I have always wanted to come here and this city definitely lived up to expectations! It is literally a whole city! Imagine walking around Perth city except all the buildings have no roofs. It took me the whole day to explore and I skipped some stuff! The photos do not do it justice but they’ll be better at explaining than me.



The local park

They hung cloth from the wooden rods for shade!

Amphitheatre

Amphitheatre


They had footpaths!

Communal Baths



I would invite you in but...
Lunch was also a treat as I packed myself pesto, sundried tomatoes, crackers and salami.

While walking around Pompeii, I realised that I should have read about it before I went so that it would all make sense and I could better understand it but it was still amazing and they give you a little book which talks about all the important rooms plus when I read about it now, it will be that much more exciting that I’ve actually been there!


It's important to follow the rules


No comments:

Post a Comment