Sunday, February 06, 2011

Back in Jelenia Góra!

                 
Back in Jelenia Góra (Poland), I spent my time ice skating,

 

learning to ski,

 

and I even met a lady who was a prisoner in Aushwitz when she was thirteen years old! Amazing. When she spoke, I wanted her to tell us more but at the same time, I didn’t want to hear anymore.

There was also an (exciting) moment when we were driving home on the freeway and we hit ice and the car skidded across two lanes towards the side of the road and, just as I was thinking we were about to roll, we gently tapped the snow piled on the side of the road and calmly drove off!

After New Years,

 

I went to my Mum’s old high school! I spoke to the English class about Australia and they asked me about poisonous animals and kangaroos.

We also went for ‘biegowki’ which is kind of running on skis. I’m not sure how exactly to describe it but went 10kms there, had some beer and sausage, then 10kms back. Lots of fun and great views. We were on the Czech border so that was exciting, too. 

Putting on my skis

 

 Christmas next, and then we go to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment