Friday, February 11, 2011

Bologna!



I walked/bussed around Bologna for four hours before I walked into some random place where I found two guys working, who were kind enough to give me a lift to the stupid hostel. So my first night in Bologna not top notch but the next day, I went walking around the city with Lara (the Spanish girl sharing my room) and Kayla (an American girl we met on the bus). We got some gelato from what's meant to be the best gelataria in Bologna. It was very good.



I have been in a lot of churches but, for some reason still unknown to me, I actually liked the one in Bologna. It had very high ceilings and was just really nice. The piazza around it was really nice and big as well.



   

Later on, I went shopping at these big outdoor markets with bags and shoes and hats and clothes and everything under the sun. I bought too much. I also found an awesome street with a deli type shop with cheese, ham, pesto, sun dried tomatoes etc as well as lots of fruit and veg shops on the street. I bought 2 bananas, 2 dates and a bunch of radishes for 1.90 euros!

Just your average walkway.
The next day I trained it to Napoli and then took the regional train, Circumvesuviana, to Sorrento!

No comments:

Post a Comment