Thursday, February 03, 2011

Berlin Two

Guten Morgen!


Today I woke up to some bad weather so I decided on a sleep in and a long breakfast. Breakfast is 5.50 euro for all you can eat until 2pm so I started at 11am (for breakfast) and then continued on to 12.30pm (lunch) and then headed out for the day. I was aiming for the chocolate factory and walked through Checkpoint Charlie on my way!


Checkpoint Curry - very witty
Christmas at Checkpoint Charlie
The chocolate factory was crap. It was pretty much a big chocolate shop and they were making a roaring trade (and a mean hot chocolate), but no demonstrations or free tastings or anything exciting like that. So after that, I went shopping and spent money I didn’t have on clothes I didn’t need to squish into a suitcase that wasn’t big enough. Then after buying a postcard for Mum, I strolled on over to the biggest Christmas markets in Germany! It cost me a Euro to get in and it was so crowded!!!! I looked at everything, tried and tried and tried to take a video (my camera was not cooperating), then made a beeline for the hot chocolate and hightailed it out of there. It was just too busy, people were everywhere and you could barely walk through in some places!

So many people! (Really good photo)
Waffles with your choice of topping
Just trying out some different camera settings

When I got back to the hostel, I took everything out of my suitcase and did a repack. Everything fit, just! I put on my finest and headed downstairs to the bar. After a couple of glasses of gluwein (the warm wine stuff), we headed out for a pub crawl.
The first place was my favourite. There was lots of nooks and crannies, different types of chairs, holes in the walls etc and there was a living room stuck to the ceiling upside down. The second place was 70’s themed and the third had fluffy pink walls. The last place we went was a techno club and outside you couldn’t even tell it was a club.

Hamburg next!

No comments:

Post a Comment