Friday, November 12, 2010

Lazy Days

 
Hotties


St Ben’s has definitely been the “holiday” part of this trip. I have watched a lot of tv and spent many hours on my laptop. During my time here, this blog has given me a reason for existence but I love it that way.  This post has no exciting stories haha, it is simply detailing just how lazy my days spent here were.
Tuesday – started watching the Kardashians at 12pm. Episodes just kept going until 5.30pm. I also went to the bookstore and bought some chocolate and chips.
Wednesday – watched more tv shows, took out the trash, returned a DVD and bought milk.
Thursday – read my book at St John’s (the boy’s university where Kathy has some classes) while enjoying a caramel mocha and rice krispy (LCM) and caught an ice hockey game!




Thursday was also my favourite night out as we went to the local pub for Thirsty Thursday which is all you can drink for $6. You read correctly. Good times had by all, unwelcome hangovers the next day.



Friday – On Friday we took the hour drive into St Paul (the capital). We saw another college called St Thomas. The campus was much bigger than St Ben’s (Kathy’s college) and their apartments were also a lot roomier! We spent the weekend here and not that much actually happened. I tried Chipotle for the first time, we went to Macy’s and we also spent an hour on the wrong bus going in the wrong direction and had to wait until it looped around again.

Roadtrip!
Kathy and I doing the Mamma Mia video clip








Monday – went to Subway with Kathy and had a picnic in front of the “Welcome to St Joseph” sign. We also did our laundry together.
Me: Should we separate our whites from darks?
Kathy: I don’t usually.
Me: Have you had any incidents?
Kathy: No
Me: What about that white blanket that went yellow?
Kathy: Okay one incident.

All in all, it’s been the perfect holiday life and I’ve had a very relaxing time. And everyone keeps waiting for me to be bored, but I’m not! Reading and watching tv and facebooking have kept me very busy and I have eaten my weight in chocolate and nachos and Snickers ice creams (delicious). Thanks to Cassie, Kristin and Kelsey for letting me spend a week and a half on their only couch, and to everyone that made me feel welcome in St Ben’s! I really did have a fabulous time and will miss you all!

4 comments:

  1. No thanks to me for the free accomodation I see!! I gave you a towel man! Our laundry conversation really made me laugh good reminding skills! Can I see all your St. Bens pictures somehow!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Kelsey said she misses you xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Kelsey! Our laundry conversation was a fine moment in both our lives. Thank you for the free accomodation Kathy!!! And the towel!! That really was a surprising bonus! Very much appreciated! I will St Ben pics in asap facebook! Hopefully right now in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhahaha "wednesday took out the trash" you are NEVER going to forget the amazing times we had here at college are you!

    ReplyDelete